Businesses will play a significant part in the just transition to a net zero society. We can’t leave this to the largest businesses to do all the heavy lifting. All businesses must understand and manage their impact if we are to avoid exceeding 1.5°C of warming and avoid the catastrophic impacts of climate change.
Designing a business to be sustainable is highly contextual. In trying to create solutions for any challenge, we’ll find success by building, testing and learning. This is our approach to building our sustainable business.
Stance has already:
- Set commitments
- Aligned those commitments with company purpose and strategy
- Established and actively testing ways of working to gain more sustainable outcomes
- Commenced measurement to establish a baseline
Stance commits to:
- Publish a yearly footprint & impact review
- Reach net zero emissions across its operations by the end of 2022 or sooner.
We are developing a range of environmental, social and financial strategies to help us reduce our negative impact, with the ultimate aim of being a positive force in the world.
In doing so, we are proud to be recognised by the United Nations Race to Zero campaign, and join governments, businesses, cities, regions, and universities around the world that share the same mission.
We will publish our progress along with tools and methods we have developed to understand, measure and co-design our impact targets and projects.